Colitis Community
Ulcerative Colitis - pending colonoscopy

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Hey all. For about 6 mo now I have been misdiagnosed with C-diff every other month. A few days ago I went to a GI specialist and he suspects UC. I have a colonoscopy scueduled for the 4th. For the past two hours I have bloody diarrhea, vomitting, and severe abdominal cramps. I dont know what to do. Should I go to er? Will they give me colonoscopy then? Or send me home in pain?? Should i stay or should i go?
    If your pain get increased continuously and if it unbearable  then you have to consult with your doctor. Don't take it normal and take proper treatment.
Colon is vital part of our body ,if it get healthy means all is ok.
When they diagnosed you with C. dif did they just use your clinical symptoms or do a stool test?   I am a lab professional.  If they used a stool test and it came back positive you indeed have C. dif.  If they just diagnosed it from clinical symptoms you may as you said been misdiagnosed.