Colitis Community
Ulcerative Colitis

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

Ulcerative Colitis

A month ago I had blood in my stools and sever abdominal cramps. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in early stage. Right now I am talking Lialda 1.2 mg 3 tablets once a day. The above symptoms have totally vanished. But literally I am not eating any spicy food or fibre food. I want to know the diet plan.I really lost weight. I have a new problem past 2 weeks. Every morning around 6.30 am or so i have a contracting pain in my lower left ribs. It's very stabbing and also I have lower back pain. The later after I drink and eat something and do my daily work it disappears for the rest of the day. Sometimes in between I feel a pinch on both sides but that is not so troubling. I am so feeling dizzy especially in the morning and late evening. Could anyone please help me out with this. It would be highly appreciated. Thank you
Siri, have you discussed the on-going issue with your doctor, or asked about dietary help?
I would talk to your doctor.  Your pain could be many things.  Also your dizziness should be checked out.  Are you sure your blood counts are back to normal?  Is the dizziness related to the times you take your medicine?  I found that with ulcerative colitis that low fiber and no dairy worked best for me.  I have a blog about U.C. http://www.nurseguy.com/colitis-blog.html
     You have discuss such issue with your doctor, that may be happen due to side effects of medicine, Discuss with your doctor freely and tell them all the symptoms you feel. Keep away your self away from dairy product and other junk food.