Colitis Expert Forum
Ulcerative colitis and prostate infection

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

My son is 13 years old. He was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis when he was 8 years old.  He has been taking pentasa and has been doing well. My question is for the last couple of weeks he has been complaining some pain when he urinates and he feels like he does not empty his bladder when he urinates. I took him to the urologist the beginning of this week he check his urine and ordered a urine culture and an ultrasound of his bladder was taken. and everything came back within normal limits.  The doctor thinks that he might have a prostate infection due to the colitis.
Is this common on male patients with UC?
Prostatitis is not related to UC. Their association is not commonly reported.
Urinalysis itself can help in the diagnosis of prostatitis.