Untreated Ulcerative Colitis
I was diagnosed with UC 5 years ago and none of the prescription medications worked. Shortly after being diagnosed I was in remission (after stopping all prescription treatment) until a few months ago. The only symptoms I experience are bloody stool and occasional urgency to go, no pain whatsoever. Every movement I have, at least twice a day, there is blood involved. Since I've not experienced success with prescription drugs I was wondering what would happen if I just continue on untreated and hope it goes back into remission. Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm not an expert, so listening to me above any doctor would be idiotic..
Basically, I have severe colitis. Before the medication I am on now I was in the washroom approximately 25 times a day with blood with the majority of my stools. I didn't have a medication to fall back on.
If you don't like the medication that they
Shoot.. I'm on my iPhone and accidentally pushed send ;/

Doctors can look over the symptoms that the medications give you.. And weigh the pros and cons.
My condition can't exactly get much worse, but they didn't seem to be nervous or worried about this.. Unless they were just trying really hard to be professional.. And after 6 years of bimonthly appts.. Professional is pretty much thrown out the window.
Honestly, you can wait it out. Mark on. Calendar when the bleeding started and when it ends.
If it gets worth, if anything changes consult your doctor.
It's not something to play around with, but after all of the medications I have been on and the crappy side effects.. Sometimes waiting out the rough patches is easier on your body, in my mind.

Just remember to keep your doctor in the loop. This person should be your bestfriend when it comes to your bowels. Make sure they know how you feel about your condition, you medications, and the steps you want or may want to take in the future. I would be in a completely different state without my doctor..