Colitis Expert Forum
Upper left burning in Abdominal area
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Upper left burning in Abdominal area
Recently, over the past three weeks, I have been getting a constant throbbing and burning sensation in my upper left Abdominal area just below my rib cage. It is not sensitive to the touch nor have I had any irregular bowels. I have not gone to the doctor yet hoping it would just pass.
What could this be? IS it something that I should take serious or could it just be acid/indigestion which has burned a lining in my stomach.
Back, in March I had back surgery and was perscribed a pain medication. Once I had taken it on an empty stomach and the pain felt/feels simular to that experience.
Could that be the cause of this Abdominal pain?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Pain-killers can cause ulcer disease.
If your symptom is persisting an upper GI endoscopy has to be done. If ulcer is diagnosed, PPI might be needed for treatment.
================================================================
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now