Colitis Expert Forum
WHAT CAN IT B?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

WHAT CAN IT B?

MY FIANCE HAS THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS AND I HOPE U CAN HELP?

HE HAS A LUMP IN HIS STOMACH A LITTLE BENEATH THE BREAST BONE (HAS HAD IT FOR A FEW YEARS  NOW).  FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS HE HAS BEEN IN DISCOMFORT ALONG WITH FEELING NAUSEATED.  HE HAS BEEN HAVING BOWEL MOVEMENTS QUITE OFTEN (THE PAST FEW DAYS MORE THAN USUSAL) (ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES HE GOES LIKE CLOCK WORK IN THE MORNINGS EVERY MORNING ABOUT 2-3X BEFORE I WAKE UP) HE IS LOOKING VERY LIGHT AND MIGHT HAVE LOST 10LBS.  HE IS ABLE TO KEEP FOODS AND LIQUIDS DOWN HOWEVER HE IS NOT HIMSELF AND WHEN HE FEELS A WAVE OF NAUSEA HE HAS TO SIT DOWN.  HE IS 42 WITH A FAMILY HISTORY OF HYPERTENSION CAN U HELP ME?
I would suggest upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy, stool test and CT scan of the abdomen done for evaluation.
Malabsorption syndrome and malignancy should be ruled out.
Thank You very much Dr. Ratnakar for taking the time to answer my question.  However your suggestions are of procedures and not of what it can be pls respond as to what it can be.  Thank you
In my previous post itself I have mentioned that it could be due to malabsorption syndrome or malignancy.
Dear Cpoetic
My only concern is the midline lump in abdomen which if of long duration; can be a epigastric hernia/ Paraumbilical hernia or is of short duration then you should see a doctor. Ultrasound and Upper GI endoscopy are two main investigation I will think will be of help, initially. If you are from asia (as your name suggests) then these symptoms are usually due to infection (chronic gastritis or H pylori)
Best wishes
Dr Tewari (India)