Colitis Expert Forum
WHAT DOES A "ECHOGENIC" CONSISTENT WITH FATTY INFILTRATION I...

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

WHAT DOES A "ECHOGENIC" CONSISTENT WITH FATTY INFILTRATION IN LIVER MEAN?

HI, I AM HAVING FEMALE ISSUES WITH OVARY AND CERVIX DURING THE U/S IT ALSO STATES IN REPORT THAT I HAVE A ECHOGENIC LIVER CONSISTENT WITH FATTY INFILTRATION...WHAT HECK DOES THIS MEAN? IS THAT A DISEASE TOO? I DRINK ALCOHOL SO SELDOM THAT I CANNOT REMEMBER WHEN I HAD A DRINK LAST. I AM DIABETIC THOUGH, AND TAKE MEDS TOO FOR PAIN AND FIBRO AND SUPPOSE TO BE ON ZOCOR BUT I FORGET IT ALOT...AND EVEN WITH OUT IT MY NUMBER IS 215 SO NOT BAD I TOLD ANYWAY...
I HOPE I AM IN THE RIGHT FORUM..I GO FOR A C-SCAN TOMORROW. I WANT TO KNOW THE RIGHT QUESTIONS TO ASK...THE OVARIES AND CERVIX ARE BAD ENOUGH, BUT SHOULD I BE CONCERNED WITHT THIS LIVER TOO? THANKS FOR ANY HELP..IF THIS IS THE WRONG FORUM PLS TELL ME WHERE TO GO. THANKS AGAIN...SUZY
Increased echogenicity may indicate fatty liver. In this condition fat gets deposited in the liver. Though alcohol intake can cause fatty liver there are many other causes including diabetes mellitus. In your case fatty liver could be due to diabetes. Adequate control of diabetes will reverse the condition.