Colitis Expert Forum
What's wrong with me?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

What's wrong with me?

Dear doctor,

I am a young woman of 27 years old. I have always been in a very good health. Lately i am in very severe and constant pains, i am suffering from lower abdominal pain in the center of the end of the abdomen and most of the times to the lower left abdomen and in the lower back as well. The pain is constant, it does not go away. Abdominal ultrasound shows all the organs in the abdomen very normal. I had a gynecologic examination, i was ok except that i had some increased discharge for which i took the vaginal antibiotics (bacterial vaginosis, im getting it frequently). Could it be the pain associated with the colon? Sometimes i have lots of gas and i feel very bloated,,,i feel my lower abdomen heavy, strong to touch and bloated. I have a bowel movement once a day in the morning,,, the pain gets worse when i have a bowel movement, but even when i sit or walk the pain is constant all day long. I use to have frequent and painful urination, i have increased pain in the lower abdomen when i hold the urine and pain aswell when i urinate. But the analysis was normal as well. So this pain can be pain from the colon or from the bladder??? What test would u suggest me to do?
Waiting for your helpful advice.

Thank you.
Does bowel movement relieve the pain?
Is your sleep disturbed due to pain?
Any change in bowel habits?
Any weight loss?
Urine culture sensitivity test done?
1 Comment
I had the same kind of pain and right now I'm experiencing a dull ache on my lower left abdomen. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with menstruation. I had severe pain the other day which got worse when I went to the toilet or sat down. I also had a lot of vaginal discharge. This lasted me about 4 days and now it's only the dull ache I'm experiencing. Have you found out what it was yet?