Colitis Expert Forum
chronic diaherra(diarrhea)

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

chronic diaherra
I have had chronic diaherra for about 3 months. I was also diagnosed with having diverticulitis last year. I had a colonscopy and diagnosed with microscopic colitis. I takingstarted  Asacol about 2 weeks ago for treatment and feel like it has made it worse. Over the past week, I have increased nausea, cramping, gas and stomach pain. My diaherra has also gotten more severe. My doctor told me to increase my dose from 2/twice a day to 3/3 times a day. I don't think I was tested for any food allergies. Is it possible a change in diet could help?
How was microscopic colitis diagnosed?
Was a biopsy done? If so what is the biopsy report?
A related discussion, Yeasty odor,what does it mean? was started.