Colitis Expert Forum
chronic non specific colitis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chronic non specific colitis

Hi, i am a 30 yr old female from india. 5 months before all of a sudden i had continuous dysentry,then after investigations like blood test , ultra sound scan and colonoscopy my biopsy report said i have chronic non specific colitis. my doctor said it is enough if  i take meidicines for 30 days( he prescribed some good bacteria) with those medicines i came to US. but after 30 days i was not ok, then i went to a gastroentrologist in US and he said all the investiations done were good and i need only additional medicines to cure the colitis. so in addision to lactobacellis he gave me lialda( two tablets twice a day). after starting with that medicine within  2 weeks i had severe mouth ulcer so my doctor asked me to stop the lialda medicines for 3 days. after 3 days when i started with lialda that was not working for me anymore, i was not feeling better, so my doctor changed my meidicines, he prescribed SULFASALAZINE  500MG(two tablets twice daily).
i just want to know how long do i need to take these medications, doctor said usually patients gets cure within 3 weeks, but i am taking medications for 3 months but still i am not ok. so please tell me how lon do i need to take medications.
Tags: lialda