Colitis Community
colitis questions!

Colitis is swelling (inflammation) of the large intestine, which is also known as the colon. This community is a place to find others who share your interest in colitis. The purpose of the community is to share support and information with colitis patients and their loved ones. Topics in the community include: causes, clinical trials, complications, family issues, living with colitis, prognosis, research, surgery, treatments

colitis questions!

Okay I just got back from the GI doctor and he is scheduling me for a colonoscopy. He believes I have colitis of some sort and feels this will find the answers. My question is, could it be colitis and the colonoscopy not show anything? I've had issues for years and nothing was ever found in the colonoscopies, so why would something show now? I am happy and nervous at the same time. Glad to possibly have answers, but worried it will be another dead end. BTW I always have occult blood in my stoool samples and I have severe stomach pain with blood bowel movements, no stool with the blood usually.
There are certain forms of colitis that are only evident under the surface of the tissues. Make sure biopsies are done.
I will and thank you for that.