Colitis Expert Forum
coloitis complications during pregnancy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

coloitis complications during pregnancy

My husband and I are thinking about having a second child but are worried about any complications from my colitis.  When i was pregnant 2 1/2 years ago i developed ulcerative colitis during my pregnacy which lead me to be induced for labor and then a c-section.  About 3 1/2 months after my daughter was born I had my gallbladder out, but still continued with severe UC.  long story short, i was in the hospital about 3 times with severe UC and pancreatitis, and later down the road was diagnosed with Chron's disease (which was just borderline chron's due to the labs). after they fiqured out what medication was going to work and i had about 4 months of high doses of steroids the problems went away.  I am symptom free now for about 1 1/2 years and would like some insight to possible other comlications during a second pregnancy.  is pregnancy something that will automatically cause a flair up of the UC, Chron's or pancreatitis?  Just trying to get some facts since i am getting the run around from my GI and OBGYN docors.  Thanks for any help!!!!!