Colitis Expert Forum
e.coli

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

e.coli
Before 2 months my daugther had an urinary tract infection with fever and 1000000 cfu/ml of echerihia coli in urine. After antibitiotic treatment they went down to less then 50.000 and left the body to fight them over. Before 3 days we did a peridacal check and find out that the urine is ok (everything is zero, except little bacteria), but urine coulture shows again 1000000 cfu/ml in urine. One doctor says that the urine was contaminated (even though I used sterile cup and shower before taking example), and the other says that it is urine infection again (even that the urine is ok) and need to drink antibiotics again. So, my question is: Does my daughter need to drink antiobitcs again even that she didnt has any side effects (temperature, pain ..), or I have to wait and give more fluids (cranberry, tea . . .) or some other treatments.
Kindly post your question in the following forum -
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Urology/show/113