Colitis Expert Forum
need help immediately

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

need help immediately
i have IBD since 10 years. now i am suffering from 6 anal fistulas. i have learned to cope with the. but my only concern is that can these lead to an anal or any other cancer????
IBD does not lead to anal cancer.
But there is a risk of colorectal cancer with IBD.
Hey..
As I mentioned in anal cancer post, I am an anal cancer survivor.  Fistulas were in no way a part of my disease. And no doctor mentioned them as a precursor to cancer.

Anal cancer is generally found later in life.  It is basically a skin cancer, caused by  HPV , a virus that is spread through sexual contact.

You can get vaccinated against this virus.  Ask your parents/doctor about the vaccine.  Everyone in my family under 30 is now vaccinated.  My oncologists strongly advocated vaccination for those in right age range....think has to be before you are 30.

Best wishes...