Colitis Expert Forum
recurrent C diff want gone, not treated
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

recurrent C diff want gone, not treated

Im 25 and was found to have C diff after  a week stay in the hospital for acute infectious colitis. I was on IV Vacomycin until i left with a script for flagyl 250mg every 8 hours for 10 days. also They gave me a diet of no gluten that i dismissed because bloodwork did not show celiac disease. within a week after finishing the flagyl, I had gotten a fever and swollen right lower side for about 2 days. I was given Cipro for something else. the pain and diarreah (diarrhea) returned and i knew this was c diff having just been through this weeks before. At this point my health care has expired and I didnt have 50 bucks to go to my pcp. My doctor was nice enough to phone in the same 250mg. flagyl and had also put a refill on it. I started feeling better within 4 days. Im currently on the refill and am terrified that when I have none left this disgusting infection will return, AGAIN. Im finding more and more that C diff tends to reoccur after meds or being on other antibiotics. So Can you actually get rid of C diff or does it linger in youre bowels forever, waiting to erupt?