Colitis Expert Forum
white mucus on stool, gas bubbles in stomach and burning sensation in l...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

white mucus on stool, gas bubbles in stomach and burning sensation in lower abdomen

Hello,
I am a 22 year old female. I have a history of fainting and i have been told that I have anemia and a trait of sickle cell.(don't know if this is relevant to my problem). I have a very poor diet (not eating on time or foods rich in much of anything) and I am extremely slim.

About two-three weeks ago I noticed that white mucus have been attached to my stool. I became concerned because I somehow thought that something is wrong with my stomach/abdominal region.

Approximately one year and a few months ago I have been having a sharp pain in the center of my stomach from my belly button go straight down to my vaginal area. It felt like a sharp knife cutting. At these moments I could not move and the longest it lasted was approximately 45 mins (intervals).

Recently as well, I noticed that when I didn't eat on time, huge gas bubbles about the size of 1/4 my palm (I could feel them in my stomach) would emerge and when I pressed them I felt them bursting.

Before this, about five or six years ago I had an acidic kind of pain in the lower left pelvic? area (next to my vaginal area). I stopped drinking acidic drinks and it did not give me as much problems as before. Recently, however, it has reemerged (i do not drink acidic drinks anymore) and sometimes I feel something like a ball when I press on it; other times I feel nothing. It hurts when it occurs.

I went by a few GPs and even did an surface ultrasound (they could not do the one where you insert the object within the vagina because I am a virgin) and they could not find anything. I think something is wrong but don't know what it is. Am I going by the wrong doctors or should I be doing specific tests instead of general ones?