Colitis Expert Forum
white mucus on stool, gas bubbles in stomach and burning sensation in l...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

white mucus on stool, gas bubbles in stomach and burning sensation in lower abdomen

Hello,
I am a 22 year old female. I have a history of fainting and i have been told that I have anemia and a trait of sickle cell.(don't know if this is relevant to my problem). I have a very poor diet (not eating on time or foods rich in much of anything) and I am extremely slim.

About two-three weeks ago I noticed that white mucus have been attached to my stool. I became concerned because I somehow thought that something is wrong with my stomach/abdominal region.

Approximately one year and a few months ago I have been having a sharp pain in the center of my stomach from my belly button go straight down to my vaginal area. It felt like a sharp knife cutting. At these moments I could not move and the longest it lasted was approximately 45 mins (intervals).

Recently as well, I noticed that when I didn't eat on time, huge gas bubbles about the size of 1/4 my palm (I could feel them in my stomach) would emerge and when I pressed them I felt them bursting.

Before this, about five or six years ago I had an acidic kind of pain in the lower left pelvic? area (next to my vaginal area). I stopped drinking acidic drinks and it did not give me as much problems as before. Recently, however, it has reemerged (i do not drink acidic drinks anymore) and sometimes I feel something like a ball when I press on it; other times I feel nothing. It hurts when it occurs.

I went by a few GPs and even did an surface ultrasound (they could not do the one where you insert the object within the vagina because I am a virgin) and they could not find anything. I think something is wrong but don't know what it is. Am I going by the wrong doctors or should I be doing specific tests instead of general ones?