312?1253826255
College Students User Group
Crossroads and running out of time!!!
About This Group:

Are you currently going to college or are you looking into continuing your education even further? If so, then this is the place for you. You may talk about anything related to college here. Are you just beginning your college search or do you have a college in mind? You may chat with other members on here about different colleges, majors/minors, college life, etc. I am a college student myself, pursuing my Associate's Degree in Computer Systems Specialist. I will be glad to answer any questions that High School Juniors, Seniors, or anyone else may have about college. Anyone may join this group. I believe this group will be a great place for College Students and those who are looking to further their education even more, to get together and share their knowledge about this important time in life. :)

Founded by Please_Help950 on September 24, 2009
45 members

Crossroads and running out of time!!!

This week is midterms of my second semester of college. I'm a first year. I really hate everything I've eperienced so far at college but my family won't allow me to just work for a living, they want me to go to college first. Even my boyfriend insists on it. But I don't know what to do for a living. I love writing fiction. I can't write non-fiction so don't you even try suggesting journalism because EVERYONE that I know tells me to be a journalist, they have no idea how different it is. I already have written two books but I haven't published them so I may as well not have written them. I am not good at anything except fiction writing, and I can't even do short stories. My books are both over 130 full pages. The college I go to is realllyyyyyyy expensive ($22,000 per semester!!!) and I live two hours away from my home, boyfriend, family, friends, and everything that I know and love. I have no friends, I barely even know anyone at my college. I have no idea what to study so I just take random intro level classes, and then I always get swamped with so much work and I can never finish any of it so my grades always suck. I want to tranfer to a college 15 minutes from my house, which is only $11,000 per semester, and I could commute there and live at home, but I don't know how my classes will transfer and I don't know if I should or if I just just stay where I am for a while. I have no idea how to decide what to do with my live and my freshman year is almost up already! I have one more year to decide! I've been thinking about this for the last almost four years, and I've never come up with an answer. I just hate it all. And I love fiction because it allows me to escape from this world and its problems, but everyone I know is telling me I can't write for a living and they're crushing me and my dream, the only ambition I've ever had, and they're making me hopeless. I'm so hopeless. I don't know what to do. How can I ever decide?
Tags: books, writing, college, i hate college, decide, career, majors, ambitions, biggest decision, running out of time, Sad, Work
1 Comment
Tertiary education is very worthwhile even if you don't see it at this time. I can't speak for the monetary situation over there but if you can, keep at it. Study something broad, e.g. Arts, and get a taste for college life and the various types of things you can study. You can always credit subjects towards a different degree later. Studying after high school can only open doors for you. You may very well look back on your college days as the best time in your life. Add me to the list of people who insist you keep at it ;)

Oh and relax :D there's no rush to do anything. Go with the flow and see where you end up. You don't need to plan every step of your journey.
mishymoshymarcy Head in the books Marcy. Do... Comment
Jul 28
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Jul 28
Nighthawk61 commented on So much ambition, so ...
Jul 26