Colon Cancer Community
Back pressure / abdominal bloating
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Back pressure / abdominal bloating

Male 42 w/Abdominal bloating & pressure but no pain...just uncomfortable lower abdominal bloat at the moment but it seems to move around my abdomen day to day. I had 1 or 2 days where I felt fine but it's back. Started over a week ago with pressure in my right side low back...more noticeable when driving my car with my back up against seat. Back pressure remained but seemed to move around to my side and then right side of abdomen. A day later almost ulcer-like sensation in center abdomen. That is now gone. Yesterday & today my lower abdomen feels bloated/distended but also kind if sore as if I worked my lower abs yesterday (which I did not). Again, it is pretty uncomfortable at times but no real pain...more pressure/bloating. One note: age 25 one polyp removed during colonoscopy. Clear 2 years later and clean colonoscopy every 5 yrs since. I am due now for my next colonoscopy but currently have no health insurance. My fear is if there is something seriously wrong then I won't get the appropriate treatment w/out insurance. Hoping to be hired in next two-three weeks w/employer who will offer health insurance but I am afraid of putting things off. Does this sound serious?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As your consequent colonoscopy has been ‘clean’, its unlikely that the distension is due to any growths in the colon. As the discomfort and distension are shifting in nature, it could be due to renal causes, like an infection or a stone. It could also be due to an Amoebiasis infection, which can cause similar symptoms. Other common causes are constipation and indigestion. Sometimes the discomfort can originate from the uterus or the ovaries. If your symptoms persist, then consult your doctor for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Colon Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank