Bleeding after getting a polyp removed from colonoscopy
I'M ONLY 32 AND YESTERDAY I HAD MY SECOND COLONOSCOPY DONE DO TO ANAL RECTAL PAIN, CONTISPATION AND SOME BLEEDING. TODAY I WOKE UP AND HAD A VERY SMALL LOOSE BOWEL MOVEMENT THAT WAS A BRIGHT REDDISH BROWN. WHEN I LOOKED CLOSER I SEEN THAT ALOT OF BLOOD WAS THROUGH IT. IS IT NORMAL TO BLEED AFTER HAVING A POLYP REMOVED??? I'M SO SCARED AS IT IS WORRYING ABOUT WHEATHER IT COULD BE CANCER OR NOT. NOW WORRYING WHY SO MUCH MORE BLOOD. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
Try not to worry too much (yes, I know that's easier said than done!)

The polyp will be examined and your doctor will recieve a pathology report.  Then you will know if there is any cancer.  Its not too surprising to have a little bleeding after having a polyp removed.  Notify your doctor if it continues.  Good luck.\

jd
Hello! I was wondering if you could please tell me what happened after your bleeding occurred post colonoscopy and polyp removal. My husband just had his colonoscopy last week on thursday, and one polyp removed. He has little bright blood on friday, but sat,sun,mon he was totally fine and back to normal schedule and since tuesday he has had bowel movements with dark brownish blood and went to the doctor, who checked and said that he indeed was bleeding. We are very worried--does this sound like it can go away on its own or did the colonoscopy damage anything? The colonoscopy by the way showed everything was fine, no problems!
Very anxious and worried this Christmas season :(
Please reply back!!