Colon Cancer Community
Colon Cancerq

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Colon Cancerq

My husband was just diagnosed with colon cancer last Wednesday.  His tumor is 6cm and surgery scheduled for 2 weeks, I am a mess.  Chief Gastrointestinal Surgeon will be preforming surgery because of location and size.  Still waiting results of MRI to see if the spot on liver is???  had the MRI yesterday.  I am concerned with waiting this long for surgery but I am told 2 weeks is not long.  My husband is only 45 yrs old,  we are in shock.  Ever since the diagnosis his pain has increased and so has his vomiting, anyone else out there have increased vomiting etc.  We are seeking a 2nd opinion to see if another surgeon agrees on waiting ....In foreign territory...any feedback would be great.
Sincerely,
Mrscsoup
I can understand your concern for colon cancer that your husband has been diagnosed with. However any treatment option for colon cancer depends on the stage of colon cancer. In the early stage only surgical resection may be needed but in the later stages, surgery along with chemotherapy and radiotherapy may be needed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.