Colon Cancer Community
Could this be Colon Cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could this be Colon Cancer

I have a bulging vein (possibly hemorrhoid) near the anus. This is very painful and sometimes bleeds after bowel movements. I have experienced a change in my bowel movement habits over the past few months. I have also been experiencing lower abdominal pain (unexplained) over the past few months, and it has been getting worse over the past few months. Both of my parents are colon cancer survivors, so could this be colon cancer?
Blank
It's extremely rare to have colon cancer at such a young age, but you need to see a doctor about this to put your mind at ease.  There are many non-serious things that can cause your symptoms and catching anything early is always best.  At what age did your parents have colon cancer?  You should see a Gastroenterologist for an evaluation as this is their specialty and go from there.  Given your family history you're going to want to stay on top of things and by staying ahead of the game nothing serious can develop. Take care.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1809109_tn?1331807377
More likely it's just hemorrhoids. They can be internal too and cause quite a bit of discomfort- however given your family history don't chance it. See a dr and ask for a sigmoidoscopy or at least an anoscopy. This will make sure they don't miss anything or assume it's hemorrhoids.
Blank
It's extremely rare to have colon cancer at such a young age, but you need to see a doctor about this to put your mind at ease.  There are many non-serious things that can cause your symptoms and catching anything early is always best.  At what age did your parents have colon cancer?  You should see a Gastroenterologist for an evaluation as this is their specialty and go from there.  Given your family history you're going to want to stay on top of things and by staying ahead of the game nothing serious can develop. Take care.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Colon Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...