Colon Cancer Community
Green Stool

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Green Stool

I have a slight concern about a friend who has told me that he has been excreating green stool since the day before yesterday. By detail, the stool looks normal, but it looks kind of green as if someone put green dye on it. He felt a little queasy when he was doing jumping jacks the day before yesterday, but other than that, he felt fine. He told me his consumption that day consisted of Captain Crunch cereal, lasagna, a couple of cups of Crystal Light Morning Rise Orange Juice, and a bowl of garlic mash potatoes with roast beef and carrots.

He ate the same food yesterday, had a salad with olives, onions and feta cheese. He is a little worried about his excrements being green and wants to get some opinions on it since he's unable to see a doctor right away. So, if possible, we both want to know the causes, if there is a reason to be concerned and at home treatments.
green stool is usually a sign of excessive iron. that's why a lot of babies have green poop, all the formula + iron.