Colon Cancer Community
IBS or colon cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

IBS or colon cancer?

Did anybody experience a dull ache under right rib for a long time (like many months)?
I have this sort of dull ache pain for 4 months. It always exists but its strength changes during the day:sometimes very week
and sometimes at a mild level. In this dull ache pain region i always hear bowel movement and rumbling.
Sometimes (but less often) this pain radiates to a region around right rib.
There is a lot of gas and when i expel gas, in general i feel a sort of relief. it is 4 months that i have this pain.
Sometimes constipation accompany. My ct scan for right quadrant was clear for pancreas, liver, gall bladder, kidney. No blood stool, no vomiting  and no appetite loss. I am male 33 years old.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The abdominal discomfort could be due to flatulence as with expulsion of gas, you seem to have some relief. It could sometimes be due to an inadequately functioning gallbladder. To study the functioning tests like HIDA scan need to be done. Gall bladder dysfunction can cause intolerance to fatty food. It could also be due to an Amoebiasis infection, which can cause similar symptoms. Other common causes are constipation and indigestion. Please discuss these issues with your primary care physician when you happen to meet him. Try to include yogurt in your diet as it is a probiotic which replaces lactobacillus acidophilus (good bacteria) that helps with digestion. Follow lifestyle changes like stopping smoking, avoiding fatty food and substituting fiber rich food will help. Regular exercises to control overweight.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.