Colon Cancer Community
IBS or something more?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

IBS or something more?

I am at such a loss. About 3 months ago I started with lots of lower intestinal upset. Not too much pain but lots of tummy gurgling, I mean lots!! Constant almost, very loud almost like you would expect with severe gas or during a tummy flu. Now it comes and goes stays for a few hours or days, then goes away, sometimes when I eat sometimes for no reason at all. I don't seem to have food triggers that I could find but I haven't tried to keep a food diary yet. I go daily, mostly soft, partially formed but throw some loose stools in there ( sorry for the too much info). I do occasionally get bright red blood when I wipe (pretty rarely and a small amount) and my primary care doc did find I have a small internal Hemorrhoid. I do also see a GI doc who said this all just sounds very benign. I have had loads of blood work for celiac, UC etc and all came back normal. I had a colonoscopy 3 1/2 years ago which came back normal except for small pockets. He seems to think another colonoscopy is not needed at this point but i am so worried that something sinister is going on and it has me very nervous. I went to the ER 2 months ago for vomiting and stomach upset and had a CT scan which came back normal as well. My GI doc want me to try meds that will help my intestines to relax... And my primary care said I can take it as needed to see if it helps. They don't seem to be that concerned but something isn't right!

I am 34 years old... And this is driving me insane. Can you still have IBS even with normal blood work? Does this sound like it could be IBS or something worse? What would you do at this point?
yes you can have ibs with normal blood work, i have ibs and my blood work always normal.

i have same as you , i have had this since i was a child, it comes and goes, i had a colonoscopy a year ago and all was good.

i would say your good, ibs gives lots of gas,pain, runs, and stoped up, tummy ackes, feeling full even when you have not ate . tummy looks feels bigger. gives me air in chest.

try and relax all the stress makes the ibs worse