Colon Cancer Community
If not fissure or hemorrhoids, what could it be?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

If not fissure or hemorrhoids, what could it be?

About three weeks ago I began to notice blood in the toilet after bowel movements. This eventually dissipated after a week to week and a half. However, not long after the blood stopped, a new problem developed. After each BM, I have pain in my rectum. Sometimes it happens immediately, but other times it can take 1-2 hours. Whenever it develops, it lasts for hours. If I have a BM in the evening, I can even have problems sleeping.

I went to my doctor today and he did not see or feel any hemorrhoids, nor did he see any tears. He set me up with a GI for a colonoscopy, but now I'm scared. I assumed it was fissure, or maybe hemorrhoids. Now what could it be??

I'm a 31-year-old male in good health. No family history of any similar problems.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.....there are various things that can cause rectal pain, but don't get caught up in thinking the worst. Rectal pain is not a symptom of cancer, usually it's inflammation.  Below is a great website to ease your mind on what may be causing your symptoms.  Hope this helps and best wishes.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anal-pain/MY00427
Blank
I wanted to post an update to this question. I have a colonoscopy scheduled for next week, but since I saw the doctor to set up the colonoscopy, I have a new problem. I have no idea if it's related to my other issues or not. I have noticed blood in my belly button. Would/could this be connected to the rectal bleeding and pain I experienced before? I am trying not to think the worst, but just as soon as I get over one issue, a new one surfaces. The thought of blood in two places has me very concerned (although I haven't had blood with bowel movements in quite a while now).
Blank
Navel bleeding is normally from infection, and is easily treated with antibiotics.  Call your GI doctor and make him aware of this new symptom, he may not want to do a colonoscopy with an infection brewing.  Keep us posted on how you're doing.
Blank
I had my colonoscopy yesterday and the doctor confirmed that I have internal hemorrhoids.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Colon Cancer Community Resources