Odd Symptoms - could it be colon cancer?
During the past few months, I have had CHRONIC gas that simply will not go away, along with alternating bowel movements (one extreme to another), and slight bleeding on the surface of rectum. Could any of these be a sign of colon cancer? I am a 34 year old male. I had a colonoscopy in October of 2006 and it showed nothing, could colon cancer have grown that fast (less than three years)? I have read that it's an extremely slow-growing type of cancer.
You are right. Colon cancer does not grow overnight- it is a slow growing cancer. My guess is that if the colonoscopy was clear 3 years ago- cancer would be very unlikely. I would definatly follow up with a doctor to rule out IBS, Crohns, or hemmroids. Hope you feel better soon
What were your symptoms before u did colonocopy last time around? is there any similarity?
IF YES: IBS or Piles are the most likely causes. Talk to your GI and get it over with

IF NOT: Get a colonoscopy done again. Its not worth living with the anxiety of cancer. Its mostly not cancer. wouldnt it be so nice to know that you are fine by a reliable test?

One last word from me: DO NOT BELIEVE YOU HAVE CANCER UNTIL THE DOCTOR SHOWS YOU THAT ON THE LCD SCREEN DURING YOUR COLONOSCOPY.

God bless you. Believe in him. Do good karma. Stay away from all these worries.