Colon Cancer Community
SO SO SCARED I HAVE CANCER

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

SO SO SCARED I HAVE CANCER

Ok, so im female and 15 years of age. I recently found a few spots of bright red blood in my stools and on the toilet paper. Im a hypochondriac and so I carry out lots of self examinations. I found a small lump near to my colon and lower right abdomen. Now im really scared I have some kind of cancer, my bowel movements haven't changed and I haven't lost weight. But could this be early stage cancer. Im so scared, I cry nearly every night. I have very weak abdominal pain, but it might be worry. I went to the doctor and she said it was PROBABLY  an anal tear, and the lump was just muscle, to me this doesn't sound professional and I don't believe her. I tell my parents but they just repeat that il be fine and that it is what the doctor said. HELP???? Its a vicious cycle and its ruining my life:( so again basically the symptoms I have experienced are:
-Spots of bright red blood in stool
-small lump in lower right abdomen
-weak abdominal pain (not regular)
-some mucus when passing
-no change in bowel movement
-no weight loss
sorry to be a pain but im so scared??!!!!
If the bloody stool is bright red, then it could be due to hemorrhoids or anal fissures. The causes of bloody stool that is more maroon in color is intestinal polyps, inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulosis (diverticulosis causes significant bleeding)
Other causes of blood in stools are, aspirin or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications and, polyps (small growths) and cancerous tumors (malignant growths of tissue).
Diagnosis is by ultrasound abdomen. In some cases sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy may be needed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

How are you doing?  It's been a few weeks and hoping you are feeling better.

J