Colon Cancer Community
Severe Dysplasia in a colon polyp

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Severe Dysplasia in a colon polyp

6 years ago I had a colon polyp removed which showed severe dysplasia.  My doctor at the time said it was no big deal, have it rechecked in 5-10 years.  The doctor I'm now seeing said it should have been checked in a year.  I am having some discomfort in the left side of my abdomin (abdomen) and 1 bout of very bloody diarrhea about 4 months ago.  I will be having another colonoscopy in a few days.  Should I be worried?  What are the odds that I may be getting bad news?
I totally agree with your current doctor on how soon you should have been scoped after the first doctor found what he did.  But don't assume the worse, let them get in and see what's going on.  Anytime you see blood in the stool you want to get it checked out right away.  This could be several benign things, so try to relax until you get your scope.  Take care.