Shredded/paper thin stool????
I just noticed that (at least my last bowel movement) -- there was some that was paper thin, kind of like shredded paper -- it was brown in color, about an inch long and 1/2 inch wide, it was somrewhat transparent and had some circular growth like patterns that resembled a moldy kinda of appearance.  I have not been sick, no rectal pain, bleeding or fever, no weight loss -- actually I have gained probably 20 lbs this year (following endometrial ablasion in January -- not likely related from what I understand, but none-the-less that is when I started to gain!!!).  I have had some sharp shooting type pains in my right lower back -- but since that happens primarily at night and the pain is somewhat alleviated by moving, I figure that it is just how I'm sleeping.  Let's see history, nothing major -- but I did have some pre-cancerous cervical cells that were treate wtih cryo-surgery, two C-sections, foot surgery, endometrial ablasion and my tubes tied, plus a few other injury type things (broken bones, etc) -- Just not sure what it could be???  I will be following up with my doctor on Monday, but guess I'm a little nervous now . . .so I thought I'd ask???
One odd bowel movement is nothing to be concerned with.  But the pain in your back needs to be addressed when you see your doctor, they may or may not be related.  It's states you are "male" so I'm assuming that's a mistake given your history. I wouldn't worry, just let your doctor know all your symptoms and go from there.