Colon Cancer Community
Teenage Symptoms Colon Cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Teenage Symptoms Colon Cancer?

I am 17 years old and have been going through medical testing for a few months now. We have just sent in the first stool sample though I have had many tests including barium xrays, CT scans, blood tests, ect. We just came to the idea to start checking for Colon Cancer and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they believe that my symptoms seem to match. I have had pain in the lower right stomach which would be around where the large and small intestines connect. My bowel habits have changed significantly with blood around once a week in the stool at least. My appetite had nearly disappeared and I am constantly exhausted mentally and physically. I am not under much stress so this would not be a factor and it has been ongoing for 5 months. Thanks a lot.
The blood has been on the paper and on the stool
Hi Mitch,

You have nearly the EXACT same symptoms as I have been having the past 6 months, I am 21, so not much older really:

Feeling tired or dizzy quite a lot
RARELY have I bled or leaked Mucux (maybe 6 times in a year)
Stomach is always having some trouble
Pains in abdominals

Thing is when you type these symptoms into google you automatically get 'Colon Cancer' and freak out... But from what I have been told and read these symptoms are pretty much the base symptoms for just about anything from to IBS with hemoroid or over exertion in sports with hemoroids and even bleeding hemoroids on their own.

I freaked out at first and this cause me to perhaps over analyse things a bit, convince myself I had colon cancer, which only made things worse because then I began over obsessing... Like thinking I was tired when I was probably not, thinking my stomach hurt worse than it did... when you read up on something it is easy to relate symptoms to yours... So I guess just do what the doctor tells you :)

I went today and doctor assures me it is 90% likely to be hemroids mixed with a bit of overtraining (blood, stomach aches & tiredness - all explained here). If not I'll go back!!!

Keep in touch!
Well, I've been to 8 doctors, they said I for sure do not have any hemroids or IBS. I have also lost 15 lbs, probably more now. None of them had thought of Colon Cancer except my most recent one because the chances would be so small, but my colonoscopy was incomplete so it may there just unseen.
Weird man... I take it they have checked for parasites? Do you ever feel dizzy or sick? What colour is the blood you been having?

I'm praying for your health man. It's good that they have identified it as a possibility
The link doesn't work for me. And yes they did check for parasites but there is nothing as well. The blood is bright red and sometimes dark.
i've also had the same symptoms i've lost around a stone and a half in weight...i have no parasite etc in my stool either...i've just been refured to a specialist so i just have to wait to see what they say
Well if you want to know the complete details about it just visit the link given below, I believe it contains all what you need about it. Hope for the best assistance there.
_____________________________________________________________
http://www.drfloras.com?bid=10&aid=CD4&dp=416&opt=
http://healthyhappylife.wordpress.com