Colon Cancer Community
Unintentional weight loss, very worried it's cancer!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unintentional weight loss, very worried it's cancer!!

In the last 9 months, I have lost 10lbs without trying.  Since realizing the weight loss a month ago, I have been eating everything under the sun but have not gained weight, maintaining at 93lbs for my 5"1" frame.  I am in my mid-thirties.  My thyroid and labs for Celiacs are normal.  Other than cancer and celiacs, what are some other causes for not being able to gain weight.  I am scared beyond belief that I have colon cancer since there is a family hx with my mother.

I have both an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy scheduled next week- and feel extremely anxious for the results.  Hoping to hear other peoples thoughts here.  I have also never been under sedation and worry about that since I have low blood pressure.  They use profonol.  Please if anyone could offer any input, I would greatly appreciate it!  Thanks!