Colon Cancer Community
Whats this large itchy painful bump on my anus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Hi, I currently have a fairly large bump on my anus almost inside the anus a bit. and it itches pretty badly has been there for about 2 days now and is starting to be painful when whipping or even almost at all times especially if I touch it. its about the size of a green grape. I have no family history of colon cancer and I just turned 25 is this possibly colon cancer and should I have it checked out asap I currently am waiting on disability and have no funds to go to a doctor so I am scared because I wanna know what it is but I cant afford to go to a doctor to have it examined.  Or am I over worrying about this and is it something that is common?
Because of the location and the itching I feel it's a hemorrhoid. Go to your local pharmacy and get some Preparation H cream to make the swelling go down, and also some Cortizone cream for the itching.  Hemorrhoids itch....you scratch and this irritates it, so stopping the itch is most important and the Cortizone cream will do this and without the irritation the swelling may go down.These aren't expensive items and you could just try the Cortizone 10 cream first because maybe once it stops itching you won't be irritating it...and the swelling will go down. Keep the Cortizone on all the time and keep the area clean.  If none of this helps then see your doctor.  Take care.