abdominal pain one year after colon resection for colon cancer
I am 46 and received a colon resection on the descending colon (6 inches removed) one year ago.  I have a very active lifestyle, however for the past few months every time I eat I feel like it just stops at my stomach.  I feel bouts of nausea and have pain in my upper left quadrant of my abdomen and in my lower left quadrant of my abdomen.  I do not have my gallbladder and I have had a complete hysterectomy.  I have regular bowel movements two or three times a day.  My question - what could it be?  My colon cancer was stage I and received no chemo or radiation.

It would be best to see your doctor. If the symptom is recurrent, one of the things to think about would be adhesions (in the intestines) that result due to the manipulation involved during the previous surgery. The question is how soon after eating you feel the symptom. If it is as you say, “stops at the stomach” meaning the nausea is immediate, within the first hour of eating, the problem is likely in the stomach and not due to adhesions. An investigation for ulcers may be in order. This generally entails a scope into the stomach. Stay positive.  
Hi, I also had some colon removed due to cancer I'm only 34 I was 32 at the time. it sounds like it could possibly be hernia I had insicional hernia around the scar tissue from my iliostomy it's possible that it what it is. a simple out patient procedure will fix the issue.good luck hope everything is fine.
jenny