Colon Cancer Community
bleeding rectally 10 days after 8cm removed small intestin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

I have been home for 12 days after a total hysterictomy ,,they damaged colon and had to 8 cm of small intestine,II have had diarrhea for past 4 days 6-8 daily
Last night I wiped and they was pink on tissue so I went to er
,they just gave me pain meds said they wanted to a CAt Scan but were afraid to due to my body being through so much past 12 days they did tell me to return if abdominal pain con't or blood was red ,well today I wiped and it was red blood ,I am not hurting down there ,but is it normal to bleed out
Rectal bleeding is never normal and should always be medically investigated until a definite cause is found.  Google rectal bleeding and click on to one of the many sites - the Medicinenet site is particularly informative and you will then be better prepared for your consultation .  If necessary ask to see a G.I. specialist unless a GP can firmly diagnose the source as minor (e.e. anal fissure, haemorrhoids etc).

regards
Morecambe