bowel movement after colon resection
On Thursday Jan 8th I had a 12 inch colon resection.

All went well and I was released from the hospital Sun. Jan 11th.  While at the hospital I did have several bowel movements of small amounts. Most likely stuff that was in there before surgery.  

I began eating light low fiber meals Sun. Jan 11th.

Presently my big concern is when will I have a bowel movement?  It is now Tues. Jan 13th.

Gases are passing and some wet stools, not much.  I am doing my exercise walking around the house every hour of so.

I wonder how long it will be before I get my first bowel movement.  

What have others experienced?

My body just answered my question.

I just had my first BM!

Isn't is something that it is that BM after surgery that is the real sign that you are on the road to recovery.

For anyone reading my post I guess I just was a bit impatient.

jim68
I HAVE UNDERGONE COLON CANCER REMOVAL SURGERY IN 2007 JUNE.AND HAD A ILEOSTOMY BAG FOR THREE YEARS ALMOST. THEY HAVE REMOVED  ABOUT 20CMS OF THE COLON AND I UNDERWENT RADIATION BEFORE SURGERY(TO SHRINK) AND CHEMOTHERAPY LATER. NOW MY BOWEL MOVEMENTS ARE JUST NEVR THE SAME AS BEFORE SURGERY AND I HAVE NO CONTROL WHEN THE NECESSITY ARISES. I STILL FEEL PAIN AT THE JUNCTURE OF JOINED ENDS OF THE COLON AFTER SURGERY AND AM A MISERABLE HUMAN BEING FOR ALL THEY DID. I FEEL IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER TO LET ME PASS AWAY.EVEN NOW I AM FATIGUED WITH SLIGHTEST WORK AND CANNOT TAKE THE ENTIRE DAY AT ONE GO.