hard lump on inner lining of rectum
I have had a pea size small lump on the inside rim of my rectum for some time. I have had severe itching issues also. I talked with the drs and have been on various medications for yeast, bacterial and fungal still the itching persists. Now i noticed the lump is about double the size and harder then it was. my bowel movements have been the same my whole life which is always irregular and i have never noticed discharge or blood. my dr doesnt seem to know what is causing this. is there something i should do? should i ask her for a colonoscopy?
HI,
If the nature of the lump cannot be diagnosed on an examination then it would be best to do a colonoscopy and biopsy of the lump and subject it to histo-pathological examination. This will not only help remove the lump but also help in diagnosis. Consult your Doctor.
Hope this helps.