Colon Cancer Community
hemorhoids or anal tumor? Do anal tumors look like them???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

I am 29 year old male who had a flex sig 2 years ago due to blood in stool and it was ruled to be most probably due to straining from weightlifting.  For the past few months, after I stand up after sitting on the toilet dropping a stool, that something is protruding a bit.  I thought it was probably a hemmhoroid.  It didn't go away and when I wipe my rear, it feels like I am rubbing the protrusion.  It is bubble shaped.  I am now afraid it could be anal tumors (never heard of them until now).  Are they shaped just like hemorrhoids?  I am freaking out.
Hi there.

I believe that in your situation, these structures that you are feeling may indeed be hemorrhoids.  Hemorrhoids are soft structures that can be manually re-inserted back into the anal area.  They may also bleed every now and then.

However, I suggest you have this checked by your doctor as well since anal tumors may indeed be confused with hemorrhoids.

Other possibilities would include peri-anal infections (like pimples) which can also present with these types of lesions.

Regards.
thanks Paul. Unfortunately I am at a new job and without insurance for 90 days. Is there physical looking differences between tumor and hemmoroids (hemorrhoids)? This is seen only if I flex my sphincter muscle or go to the bathroom then slowly returns. It feels soft and moveable. Thanks.
I hate to bump my own thread but its been a week or two and am still curious as to if there are physical looking differences between the hemorrhoids or anal tumors?  The protrusion comes when I go to the bathroom only.  It is flesh colored and that makes me think it is a hemorrhoid. However sometimes it makes me feel like my stool is incomplete or more difficult to pass which has me worried. What does anal cancer look like because I cant find it on the net really?! Help please.
My stage II anal cancer started out looking like a small hemoroid and a few years later had grown bigger and still looked like a hemoroid...it was wide at the top where it was attached to the skin narrowing down to the end and hard, red, itchy and sometimes painful - but the bright red bleeding had stopped a couple years before. I thought it was a hemoroid for years......until I changed gyno's and he caught it and had it checked out.
Thank you for the information leelee.  I'm sure not all anal cancer looks alike, but it's so hard finding any information on the web about what it looks like so thank you for your response.  I have something I'm getting checked out but my appt isn't for a couple of weeks so I wanted to see if I could find any information before I go.  Hope you are doing well and good luck.
I am a 42 year old male.  I just went to the bathroom, moving my bowels and when I looked in the bowl there was bright red blood in the toilet.  I think it was from a hemorhoid, but I am very concerned.  My Mother had serious intestinal problems however she did not eat right at all and she smoked 2 packs a day.  I do not smoke, I try to eat right with a varied diet of beef, fish and mostly chicken.  I am a police oficer don't always eat "Healthy".  I have not had a Colonoscopy at all.  I do plan to see a doctor as soon as possible.  But, I would like a little peace of mind.  Please advise.