Colon Cancer Community
how is the pain in colon cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

how is the pain in colon cancer?

is the pain in right or left quadrants due to colon cancer constant or dull and  daily coming-going kind?
During colon cancer there is constant right abdominal pain. That is very irritable. That pain may be due to the waste which are stick at the internal wall of colon.
Thanks,
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Pain may not be an early symptom in colon cancer. When present it is persistent abdominal discomfort, such as cramps, gas or pain. It can present as alternating bowel habits including diarrhea or constipation or a change in the consistency of the stool. It can cause rectal bleeding or blood in stool. These symptoms are usually accompanied by fatigue and unexplained weight loss.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
i do not see  any blood in stool. no weight loose and no apetite loose.
i have a lot of gas in my body. my pain is not constant. it exists mainly when i sit down on a chair. however, when i lie down or walk, i feel very weakly.
also no pain during sleeping.  i really do not know my problem.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The pain could be due to excessive flatulence, which could be due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), malabsorption, inflammatory bowel diseases and various infections of the colon.  Blood tests will help detect infections, besides stool examination which will reveal fat malabsorption.  Colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy are procedures which are used to study the whole colon for infections and inflammations. Bacterial overgrowth is tested with a breath test. Please discuss these issues with your primary care physician when you happen to meet him.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
i visited my gastroentrelogist many times  but she does not seem to want to order a colonoscopy because she thinks i am  younger (34 years old male) and that my ct scan results and blood results are okay.
my main problem is that whenever i eat  i immediately (within 1 hour) feel bowel movements, gas, bloated  and mostly diarrhea if i drink liquid things.
is this a symptom of colon cancer or ibs?