increase in SGPT & SGOT, Colon Cancer
Hello
I am 27 Years old man, 3 years age I had colon cancer in stage I and I do surgery, no chemo. my CEA and CA242 test was normal during this time, but, in recent tests, SGPT & SGOT in my blood was 90 and 70. normal range for this ansyms was 5-40. is it a warning for a new danger of cancer for me? would u explain?
thanks alot.

The tests you mentioned are liver enzymes. These tests are not specific for cancer growing in the liver, but they may become elevated if there is some destruction of the liver cells (you can imagine these as liver cells which leak out the enzymes). As the liver has to take on everything we introduce into the body, there would be a number of people who would have elevated levels but not have any clear disease to explain the condition. The levels you mentioned are not critically high, so in the absence of anything else, any further testing may not be needed. Stay positive.