Colon Cancer Community
need some help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

need some help

IM 23 YEARS OLD AND FOR THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS IVE HAD SLIGHT BLEEDING FROM THE RECTUM. FOR THE LONGEST I NEVER REALLY PAID MUCH ATTENTION TO IT BECAUSE I DIDNT THINK IT WAS ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT BUT RESENTLEY I FOUND OUT THAT IT COULD BE SOMETHING REALLY WRONG . AGAIN IM 23 YEARS OLD & THE BLOOD ISNT IN THE TOILET OR ON THE STOOL ITS JUST ON THE TOILET PAPER AND ITS BRIGHT RED AND IVE NOTICED I CAN GO DAYS SOMETIMES EVEN WEEKS WITHOUT SEEING BLOOD ON THE TOILET PAPER BUT FOR INSTENCE THIS MORNING I WENT TO THE BATHROOM AND THE STOOL WAS RATHER HARD (SORRY TO BE SO GRAPHIC) AND KINDA DIFFICULT TO PASS THEN THE BLOOD  WAS ON THE TOILET PAPER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WHILE I DONT HAVE ANY PAIN WITH THE BLEEDING OR ANYTHING AND IM PRETTY SURE ITS NOT AN ANAL FISSURE OR WHATEVER. AND ALSO THE BLOOD HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY BRIGHT RED ITS NOT DARK AT ALL NEVER HAS BEEN WHAT COULD THIS BE
If the bloody stool is bright red, then it could be due to hemorrhoids or anal fissures. The causes of bloody stool that is more maroon in color is intestinal polyps, inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulosis (diverticulosis causes significant bleeding).
Bacteria and parasitic infections can also cause these symptoms.So please get stool examination done.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.