Colon Cancer Community
pain during passing the stool

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

pain during passing the stool

i feel pain when passing the stool..its just when its coming out....and it really hurts....at first i thought its just because i had constipation. but even if i don have any constipation....it still hurts....just tell me what can i do for that...any treatment....

It would be best to have yourself examined by a doctor. After a bout of constipation, it is possible that the lining of the rectum/anus can be injured causing some swelling and pain. But since the problem seems to be persistent, then it would be reasonable to consider that there may be something that is blocking or making passing the stool difficult. The caliber of the stool would be another indication of this, if you have ever seen the stool of goats, then this would be one of the symptoms commonly reported by patients.
Let me reiterate the importance of a good physical examination. Stay positive.
hey...

as u have said "After a bout of constipation, it is possible that the lining of the rectum/anus can be injured causing some swelling and pain".....i think u r correct.....because its just the same thing happening to me....it is swelled up........n pains at that point......n now the problem is that i have a continuous constipation...... can u tell me any treatment for that....or any diet control??????????

You could increase the amount of fibre you are taking, vegetables and fruits. There are dietary supplements that may can be prepared with the addition of a little water. Psyllium extract is one of the ingredients to look for in these supplements. Other medications would include laxatives. It may be better for you to discuss the use of these with a doctor before you start taking them. The amount of water you take would also determine how fluid the stool is as well. If you are dehydrated, your body would conserve water and hence you would also be passing out stools that are more solid.
thanku very much it helped me a lot....