severe fatigue before a bowel movement
I get absolutely exhausted when I need to have a bowel motion, I can barely function until I've been to the toilet and afterwards I'm immediately fine, I don't worry about incontinence, I can hold it, but its unpleasant. When I do go its often hard work. I'm scared its colon cancer. I had a blood test last week and the doctor wants to talk to me about my blood count, I've heard colon cancer can cause anaemia too!
It could be IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) or perhaps polyps that have formed in the intestines. I'd suggest seeing what your doctor has to say about your white and red blood cell counts and if a colonoscopy is suggested, go for it. It's not that bad and the pre-op (day before) is often the worst part of the procedure (no solid food, cleansing your system, etc). Best wishes and remember, early detection is key and what has saved my life so far!