should i get a colonoscopy?
i found ao  polyp on me and i was wondering whether or not if i should get a colonoscopy. There is
no family member that has had colon cancer in my family. I am 17 years old, i'm scared, and i
don't know what to do/
You found a polyp ON you?  I'm not really sure what you mean, as most of the polyps I'm familiar with grow from mucous membranes and not externally.  In any case, I highly doubt that whatever you've found has any bearing on your risk for colon cancer.  Relax, take a deep breath, and see your doc to talk about your concerns.  :)
This polyp you are describing, could very well be a hemorrhoid.  I would use some ointment like preparation h and see if it shrinks it.  If not, then I would insist on having a colonoscopy to see what it really is...Good luck to you!!
I have done three colonoscopy in last three years. Five polyps were found/removed in April, 2007, in which one polyp (0.4cm) in rectum was found to have high grade dysplasia. Next year, there were seven polyps (from 0.2-0.3cm) found, all had moderate dysplasia. on June 11 of 2009, three polyps were again found in my sigmoid colon, and all had moderate dysplasia.
My questions are:
1. Why polyps have been grown so fast in my colon, particularly why the polyps found in the last two years all had moderate dysplasia? Does it mean that there are some demons in my digest system or in my body that have been making these pre-cancerous conditions in  my colon?
2. Do I need do some further exam, such as CT, ultrasound scans or CA19-9, CEA blood tests to exlude some potential bad causes in my digest sysytem or other related part of my body?
I am looking forward to having your professional opinion and advise because I am really worry about the pre-cancerous conditions in my colon. Thank you. Victor