Colon Cancer Community
small lump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

small lump

Hi.  I had a day or two of a stinging feeling on my anus entry when I wiped and then felt down there and had a look with a mirror and there was a pea sized (bit smaller) lump on one side of my anus opening where the wrinkled skin is.  It only hurt a bit to touch and was just like a small white ball under the skin (fleshy coloured but a little white, but no bleeding of any kind.  I never noticed it before.  I did masturbate with a toy and rubbed the area quite hard a few days before but again, this is not uncommon.  Im really worries after googling and reading posts on here that it could be anal or colon cancer.  I've never knowingly had pile or heamorroids before and theres no blood.  I cant seem to feel it today and the stingling has gone but I'm still worried sick.  I cant think of anything else. I do suffer a lot about health anxiety and dont want to run off to my doctor every time as they must be getting sick of me.  Its very embarrassing. Can anus lumps just be nothign serious or should I be worried.  If its not heammorroids (I'm assuming becasue there is no blood and thought they had blood ost of the time), what else could it be?  What if it is still there or comes back?  Thank-you I'm very worried.
Hi!
Well you can have a hemorrhoid that does not bleed. In fact most do not bleed initially. It can also be an infective boil or collection of pus.
Without examining the lump, it is difficult to comment what it is. The lump could be a hemorrhoid, a skin tag, a benign rectal tumor, a rectal polyp, a rectal abscess, genital wart or a hematoma. Please consult your doctor for confirmed diagnosis. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.