Colon Cancer Community
wht may be my problem?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to colon cancer.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

wht may be my problem?

I am an 34 years-old male.5 months ago one day in the morning I wake up
with a sharp pain in
my right quadrant below liver. One week later, I went to doctor
and after ultrasound
and blood tests they told me that I have liver inflammation and
from blood test results my liver enzymes were 3 times higher than
th  maximum value in the normal range. During 3 months, I followed a diet
(mainly vegetables and yogurt) and did a blood test every month.
The liver enzyme levels gradually decreased and in the third test they were in the
normal range. However, the pain under right quadrant below liver continued so far.
I have shown the place where I had this pain and my family doctor told me
it is called intercoasted nearology.
In fact, the pain radiates over the right quadrant.

Moreover, during last two months  I feel a lot of
gas, bloating in the right quadrant and a sequentially changing diarrhea and
constipation. A lot of bowel movement and rumbling.
Sometimes 1-2 days during a week I feel better but most of time
I have discomfort. There is a lot of gas,bloating and
the associated heavyness in the right quadrant (the dull pain).
I have no vomitting, no blood in the stool and no fever. No apetite loose also.
At the beginning of february, I did a CT scan for the right part of abdoman and
everything (pancreas, gallblodder,kidney, etc) was normal.
From my blood test, no hepatits a,b,c also.
What may be the cause of my problem when the above history and medical examinations
are taken into account?
Thanks in advance.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The causes for abdominal bloating could be Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), malabsorption, inflammatory bowel diseases and various infections of the colon. Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a diagnosis of exclusion. Blood tests will help detect infections, besides stool examination which will reveal fat malabsorption. Colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy are procedures which are used to study the whole colon for infections and inflammations. Bacterial overgrowth is tested with a breath test. Please discuss these issues with your primary care physician when you happen to meet him.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Colon Cancer Community Resources