Complementary Medicine Community
Acupuncture for planter fasciitis?

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

Acupuncture for planter fasciitis?

I went and had acupunture done on my feet in the hope that it would help my plantar fasciitis. Here's what happened.
The therapist told me to lie down on the table, face down & requested that I don't scream as she hated men who screamed !!!??
She examined my feet & said that I didn't have plantar fasciitis as there were no bone spurs located at the heel area. I have had a hip replacement due to arthritis, had broken bones due to accidents, so I know what pain is. I rate the bone on bone pain at about 9 out of 10 - you jump off the bridge at 10. The pain from an injured back nerve is also about 9 - almost paralising.
The pain in both my feet started at 12!!!!!!! when this woman inserted the first needle in my inside tendon of my right foot first. I was completely paralysed by the pain. I wasn't game enough to breath deeply for fear of the pain level going higher.No chance of even thinking about speaking. The same thing happened when she inserted the needle into my left foot.
The other 8 needles that progressed up to my thighs rated about a 3 on the pain scale.
After she had connected the electrodes to each needle & adjusted the voltage, she turned the air conditioner on to COLD & said she would be back in 30 minutes. She then left the room.
After 10 minutes I started to shiver & this put the pain scale up to 13. The pain was excrussiating.
After 30 minutes she returned & I thought, thank God. She turned the power off & I thought removing the needles would be reasonably pleasant compared to the previous 35minutes. The removal bumped the pain level up to 15!!!!!
She suggested that I return the next day for a further treatment - not bloody likely.

About 3 weeks later, I noticed that the tip joint on my toe (no 2) next to my big toe on my right foot was starting to turn at a 45 degree angle to the right. About a fortnight later, the same thing happend to my 2nd toe on my left foot with the tip of the toe twisting 45 degrees to the left.
Could acupuncture have caused this to happen to the toes on my feet?
Who knows?  You didn't have traditional acupuncture, you had a more modern western electricity technique.  And bone spurs have nothing whatsoever to do with plantar fasciitis.  So who knows what happened?