Complementary Medicine Community
BOOST BRAIN POWER

This forum is for questions and support regarding acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathy, naturopathic medicines and treatments.

Complementary medicine is used in conjunction with conventional medicine. For example, aromatherapy can be used to help lessen a patient's discomfort following surgery. Alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine. For example, acupuncture may be used instead of surgery for back pain that has been recommended by a conventional doctor.

BOOST BRAIN POWER

What will boost brain power, enhance concentration and retention, and sharpen mental focus and performance?

Ok "Alex"..... my answer (for $200 cyber dollars) will be certain foods and especially those that are high in omega 3 fatty acids.

~PlateletGal (first time Jeopardy player !)

LOL LOL Very cute But you are OUT!! Ok I'll give you another chance to play
I am Tired, Went into Manhattan, to the Museum of Natural History and the Hayden Planetarium  Haven't been their in 15 years

Vinpocetine facilitates cerebral metabolism by improving cerebral microcirculation (i.e., blood flow to, and throughout, the brain).  What's more, in brain cells it steps up the production of ATP, the cellular energy molecule, and increases utilization of glucose and oxygen, the brain's two most critical fuels.

Recent research has demonstrated that Vinpocetine also boosts circulation of oxygen-rich blood to the eyes, thereby improving vision and eyesight disorders. In fact, in one study, Vinpocetine improved vision in 88% of test subjects… Vinpocetine also aids in the delivery of oxygen saturated blood to the inner ear, improving hearing as well as alleviating many inner-ear problems including tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and vertigo (dizziness).
Yes Vinpocetine is suppose to be excellent. I keep meaning to pick it up and try it but never seem to remember! lol
Let's try it at the same time Deep! Buddy system! lol
So excuse me learned guys please let me have it in jargon I understand... crumbs!
Hello Margy,
If I recall you're a PEA Brain, LOL :-)
In short It's good for memory, BRAIN, EYES, EARS,
The only problem, If you're on an aspirin,Blood Thinner, or Take Ginko, Garlic
Or just about any thing that starts with a G all these thin the Blood and So does
Vinpocetine!!!!
laura1967 thats a copy, I'm going to order from vitacost.
Shall I simply put in   vitacost.com  will also check my local helth food store for vinpocetine .  
Marg,
Yes and if you need other herbs or supp. order them at the same time I think
they have the best prices.
Brian
Marg,
You know I'm Just trying to be cute! you're not a pea brain!
I think of everyone on the board as GOOD FRIENDS!!!
AND I THINK LAURA SHOULD HAVE US ALL TO HER HOUSE FOR A BAR BQ
AND WE CAN DANCE ON HER NEW ROOOOOF! :-)))))) or his new roof!
OK.... PlateletGal is -200 in MedHelp Jeopardy ! Not good. We need more questions.

Deepdiver.... so when is the roof celebration ??
MY new roof!!! LOL
Roof celebration invitations coming soon....but all must travel to Florida with bathing suits and floats! lol

Okay....so the way I see it we are all going to try the Vinpocetine at the same time. We will all become brilliant together with no more brain fog! Yeah! :)

I haven't laughed so much!! Laura, we need your address, floats and suits are packed!!!
PlateletGal, as soon as I start the Vinpocetine I'll have more?? what more am I to have
I forget??? LOL :-) :^) I like PlateletGals happy face!