Back soreness
Does anyone know of any good exercises/stretches or some kind of alternative for back soreness? I threw out my back as a teen, and while it's not what I'd call pain, after any kind of exercise, it makes itself known. Usually a dull soreness that can build. I tried weights to strengthen it, but didn't seem to work much.

Figured I'd see if anyone here had any ideas. Thanks.

poe
Pam

I went through physical therapy for back problems and it worked really well.  One of the best is:

* lay on your back
* take a rope or belt and place it under your foot
* using the rope, lift your foot as high as you can, while keeping your back flat to the floor.
* make sure to keep your stomach muscles tight as you raise your foot
* exhale & loosen your stomach musles as you lower your foot slowly
*  repeat this with each foot for 15-20 minutes each day

Hope this helps.
In Chinese medicine, what you have is probably Qi and Blood stasis caused by longtime-injury.  This is harder to treat than acute injury with acupuncture.  However, I can suggest that you look for an licensed acupuncturist and ask for cupping.  It helps get the blood flowing again.
Yes, and another aspect that supports the diagnosis of stasis and stagnation is the fact that you describe the pain as a soreness as opposed to a sharp pain.  Does it feel better when you apply pressure?