CHINESE HERBS & ACUPUNCTURE FOR ARTHRITIS
Does having acupuncture help Chinese herbs to work better in the body? I'm on a course of Chinese herbs. Acupuncture has been advised to accelerate healing and relief from this debilitating disease. Is this true and how does it help? I have severe oseotarthritis in many vertebrae in my spine and cervical spine and find it difficult to walk or stand for longer than 10 minutes Wll these treatments combined, improve my mobility?.
Everyone's response is different to acupuncture and herbs.  I would definitely give it a try.  You will have to go to several sessions to know if its going to help. Acupuncture is accumulative so the more times you go the more your body will start to respond.  They are able to treat more problems then one. I personally find it helpful for my back injury, bp and anxiety. I just wish the results lasted longer for me.  It's def worth a shot.  
Thanks for replying. I will definitely give it a go. I had tried it many years ago, and my arthritis wasn't even as bad as it is now. It was lovely while laying there during the treatment, but didn't make much difference over all. I had about 10 treatments, but stopped. I wasn't taking the herbs back then either, so maybe the combination this time, will do the trick, or at least give me some relief from this chronic pain. I'll be meeting the Chinese Herbalist, not for a consult, but he's my friend's son-in-law, and she's taking me to meet him and discuss my health concerns. He does acupuncture too and he's the one who said it would benefit me to include it in my treatment with the herbs. I'll see how much it costs, as the herbs alone are quite expensive and I'm only on a pension. Medications from my GP don't work any longer, and have given me all sorts of horrific side-effets, so I tapered one of them, Tramadol, for 2 weeks, and now I've just stopped, 2 days ago, as I don't want to taper anymore and prolong the withdrawals I was suffering terribly with. Anxiety was unbearable. He has given me herbs to help with that too, and I'm starting to feel much less anxious already. Amazing!