Chest discomfort....
For the past  9 months, I have been experiencing a discomforting pain on my right chest area. The pain is not in the whole chest area. It is centralized "between", my breast and shoulder blade. When I turn or bend on the right side, I experience a sharp stabbing pain. I find that my pain level would be a 10, if I am experiencing gas discomfort (from not eating on time, or ingesting a gas producing food) , but, my pain level would generally be on a pain scale of 4-6 (daily). My Doctor did an EKG back in May. She also indicated that since the pain is on the right side, she is not too concern. She stated that it is a possible muscle strain. What can I do? The pain is still persistent and all I have is a possible culprit but no real diagnosis and no relief in sight.!!!!
First of all, food doesn't produce gas, poor digestion does.  But it sounds like muscle strain to me.  Doing any different kind of movement or exercise in that area?  The only way to tell for sure is to see an orthopedist and get an MRI, but you might just try some massage first if you don't want to hassle all that.  Still, a 10 is a high amount of pain.
Thanks.
I forget to answer your question. No I have not been doing any exercise that is why I found it difficult to believe it to be a muscle strain.